Current Funding for Scientific Research
Funding for VCU:
• 5/05 - $50,000 - Evan R. Reiter, M.D. – Assessment of smell and taste impairment in patients undergoing treatment for head & neck cancer
• 8/08 - $16,000 - Kelley Dodson, M.D. – Antimicrobial prophylaxis for fractures of the maxillary sinus
• 1/10 - $44,864 - Arti Pandya, M.D. – Early Detection and Intervention of Congenital Cytomegalovirus Associated Hearing Loss
• 8/08 - $37,300 - Chris Leffler, M.D. – Intraocular pressure response to Timolol with Beta 1 and Beta 2 receptors
• 1/10 - $16,570 - Amiee Potter, Ph.D. – Molecular research in calvarial suture morphogenesis
• 1/10 - $46,396 - Laurence DiNardo, M.D. & Catherine Dumur, Ph.D. –Gene expression profiling for predicting the therapeutic effectiveness of chemoradiotherapy treatment in head and neck squamous cell carcinomas
Funding for UVA:
• 9/08 - $24,690 - Bradley Kesser, M.D. – Surgical repair of unilateral congenital aural atresia
• 1/10 - $22,671 - Spencer Payne, M.D. – Effects of itraconazole on the development and differentiation of T helper cells
• 1/10 - $47,834 – Paul Yates, M.D. – Use of human adipose-derived stem cells for treatment of diabetic retinopathy
Funding for EVMS:
• 5/08 - $49,500 - Sandeep Samudre, PhD., MPH – Anti angiogenic effects of topically applied endocannabinoid analogs in a mouse mode of age related macular degeneration
• 5/09 - $10,000 - Michael Chu, M.D. – Minimally invasive, Local Pharmacologic Ischemic Preconditioning with a Vasoconstrictor in a Rat Model: Non-surgical Vascular Delay.
• 5/09 - $44,280 - Joseph Han, M.D. – Immune Response in Chronic Rhinosinusitis
• 5/10 - $49,870 - Alireza Hosseini, M.D. – -inhibiting Vasoproliferation in a Rat Model of Retinopathy of Prematurity with a Novel Topical Anti-Tubulin Drug.
• 5/08 - $49,958 - Wael Jarjour, M.D. – Regulatory t cells role in the pathogenesis of human Sjorgren's syndrome (Ohio State University)
• 1/10 - $19,105 - Bradley T. Smith, M.D. –Bevacizumab with and without laser for the treatment of central retinal vein occlusion.